Summer School Program
Explore the Solar System with us!
The Solar System is the fabulous special focus this summer.
A different aspect of the Solar System is featured each week:
- The Solar System Overview
- Asteroid Belt
- Neptune & Dwarf Planets
- Constellations – Circumpolar and Horizon
- Space Travel
The Solar System consists of our Sun and everything that moves around the Sun and includes the planets, asteroid belt, and dwarf planets. The children learn the difference between the inner planets and outer gaseous planets.
We look at three-dimensional models, puzzles to put together, books galore to read, and arts and crafts are just a part of the experiences the children will have this summer.
The regular Montessori work period occurs in the morning:
- Practical Life focuses on activities in self-help skills, care of the environment, grace, and courtesy.
- Sensorial develops and refines the child’s visual, tactile, auditory, gustatory, and olfactory senses.
- Language Arts develops receptive language in listening and reading and expressive language in speaking and writing.
- Mathematics develops Skills in linear counting, understanding quantity, symbol relationship, base ten, and operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
The Solar System knowledge comes alive when children get involved! Young astronauts in the making!!
Join us this summer and make it happen!!!
Summer School starts May 31, 2023 – August 19, 2023